A new-age Online Travel Agent (OTA) & lifestyle app with 17 million growing users globally.
The primary goal was to achieve consistent performance across all verticals during the October and December Sales – Peak traffic
Support for end-to-end handling and management of events during the Sale.
Multiple challenges with their GCP account ranging from memory rightsizing, compatibility issues, etc.
Required an organized and robust pre-production environment
Other issues pertaining to cost optimization and security implementations.
- Streamlined their GCP account management
- Set up Eagle Eye P0 Alerting for improved system visibility
- Enabled easier integration and management of open-source tools like ELK stack with Kafka, Argo CD, Jenkins, RundeckConsul, MongoDB, and HA proxy.
- Upgraded security with IAM implementation and IP whitelisting from HAproxy. In addition, code was moved from the shared server to GitOps for better tracking of changes
- Improvised their pre-production environments by implementing automation in the performance testing environment, code versioning for tracking changes, and optimized the deployment process.
- Simplified various challenges with GCP for instance insufficient quota, load balancing issues, etc.
- For cost optimization we created jobs that notified about the running instance at night or on weekends.
- Created backup of databases from the Production environment and restored them to the Performance testing environment for setting up a similar-to-production environment for conducting tests on code reliability. And other migration of services from VMs to Kubernetes.
Their platform supported 10X traffic during the sale
Provided on-call support throughout the Sale and ensured high system availability
Achieved better system governance with Proactive remediation of issues with Eagle Eye P0 alerting and NOC team support
Automated Redis, Mongo, Elastic Search & Mysql deployment for faster upgrades
Let us tailor a solution just for you!